Thursday, November 11, 2010

On November 5th 2010...

On November 4th, 2010, I was at work.. and created a fabulous form through InfoPath. After creating the form and wow-ing my boss, he asked me to teach him how and I said, "SURE! Also, can I work from home tomorrow?" And he said yes. I wanted to work from home tomorrow because we were suppose to meet with friends to go camping/cabining by 5pm.


Meanwhile, I received an email from the VP, who asked when and where I can meet for an interview. Which worked out well for me since I didn't have to go into the office the next day and so i told him that i would be free all day and could do anytime.

On November 5th, 2010 I woke up, showered and put my suit on. I hate dressing up... Timmy yelled at me for not matching. I was uncomfortable. I think, I'm pretty sure, i can't fit those suit pants anymore. I sat around on the couch. I think i drank coffee, and then I left for my interview.

The interview went well... actually, i guess it went very well. Because I GOT THE JOB. You hear that? I got the freaking JOB. I can now leave my crazyass company with all the craziness and lazy s.o.bs!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO ::running man:: ::robot dance:: ::more running man:: ::jump jump jump:: Pay attention kids, HARD WORK PAYS OFF. So does patience apparently. WOOO-WOOOOOooo

I get home and do some work... eat some left over congee soup.. do some more work.
Then i got tired.. and laid down on my couch and watched CSI. Somewhere in between, Timmy calls and says he has to go buy string and asks me if i need anything. Nope. About two hours go by.. seriously? It takes two hours for string? I call to make sure Timmy is okay. And he is. He comes home about 30 minutes later with an envelope. He says it's his friend's invitation. So i'm like cool. i'm super tired at this point.. i open the envelope. The card is a shimmery purple. I LOVE PURPLE. No name/address on the envelope. The invite is weirdly flat.. i'm all like, wait, where's the response card? I admire the paper some more. I admire the design. Timmy helps me "unwrap" the card. There's nice ribbons around it. Then i read it and start tearing me. It is from Timmy and it is to me and he is proposing.

I look up and I think he's down on both knees and opens up the ring box. I think I nodded and give him a hug. He's still holding the box.. I'm like, am i suppose to pick it up? he picks it up, tells me he's not sure which hand to put it on.

My ring is beautiful. I never thought i'd have such a brilliant and HUGE ring. I am ENGAGED. Everything seems different. Everything seems more permanent? More real? I am engaged.

Sorry for the long post, but I do want to remember this day. This very very special day. Also, there's a video.

=]

No comments: