Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Cycle of Life

On Death:
I found out that my first bf passed away recently. I suddenly remembered a lot of things I never realized I would've. My first hand holding, first set of late night phone calls, first kiss and first tears I cried because of a boy. You know what I could imagine so clearly in my mind? What his death certificate would look like. I've looked at so many throughout the past months, I know which information would've been added. Manner of death: Accident. It is sad and I'm sure he will be greatly missed. RestInPeaceuntilyourreincarnation: Cao

On Living:
I realized I've been giving out my address all wrong, ooops! I'm a ditz.

On Living (kind of):
I know I thought of this before... and I'm pretty sure I've posted on it, but man... me not going to school OR working, is making my brain turn into mush. I really can't do this much longer. I know a lot of you probably think I'm crazy for actually wanting to work but trust me, having money come in is a security that lets you enjoy life more.

On Cooking:
I know on previous posts I talked about Mr. Man T being a fabulous cook so I definitely should be posting about what I've been eating lately! That will come. I've also picked up cooking (for some reason I can't sleep past 2pm so I have to do something). From Mr. Man T's aunt, I've semi-learned how to make Banh Cuon, which is a doughy like substance (made out of flour) eaten with meat and cha (Vietnamese version of spam?). I will definitely post my step by step moves on this later. Mr. Man T was going crazy with that camera. All in all it came out pretty good, but the aunt pretty much made it fool proof for me. hehe. I believe she showed me the easy way, where you just cook the flour on a pan. There's also a steam version, but man... my poor fingers, I've never held my fingers so close to a hot pan before in my life. Cooking is a dangerous sport!

On Baking:
We seriously spent over 100 dollars on baking products, all because of cupcakeblog
courtesy of chockylit an amazing engineer by day baker by night who has graciously lent the world her recipes. We first tried her Vietnamese inspired recipe, Vietnamese Coffee Cupcakes. Have you guys ever had Cafe Sua Da? Well have it as a cupcake. It came out pretty good, sweeter than I thought it would, the aroma of the coffee was probably the best part for me. Look at how small and cute my cupcakes came out to be!! We did not do the condensed milk pudding or the whipped cream topping since we decided it was actually pretty sweet enough. However, we did dip the cupcakes with sweetened condensed milk and that shit was deeeeeeeeeelish!!!
Check out the blog, it has great easy to follow directions and pictures.

On Eating:
I'm definitely gaining more weight. I can't help it, food is so good and so freaking readily available around here. You ever go food shopping and you're so freaking hungry you buy everything in the store and try to get the hell out of there so you can go home and eat it all? Well around here, you don't have to. A new and freaking spectacular Whole Foods Market just recently opened a few blocks down from us. This place is like a world on its own. True, you can't get regular Coke but... fresh sushi/Japanese food? Check! A full menu of cheese and wine? Check! Sandwiches? Check! Pizza? Check! Fresh seafood meals? Check! Gelato!??! CHECK!!!!!! Eat and then shop, all in one.....ahhhhhhhh...
Mr. Man T pretty much felt like he died and went to heaven. Well those are my words, his words were, WE CAN'T MOVE AWAY FROM HERE!!!!!
When you guys come visit me, Whole Foods will be one of the first places I take you to go "sight-see" hehe.
BTW: CEO of Whole Foods, also blogs and they are now #5 on Fortune's Top 100 companies to work for. See honey, I told you you should work there.

On Marriage:
A bunch of people that I and Mr. Man T know are freaking getting married, it's crazy! 'Tis the age, 'tis the age... anyway I'm super happy for those girls. What? I don't know the guys! Anyway, Mr. Man T's younger brother is also about to pop the question. (If he hasn't done so already.) In Hawaii. How rrrrromantic. I can't wait to hear the proposal story! It is true, since Mr. Man T works in a Jewelery store I've come to learn a little more about the bling... but who cares about that, I've also got to try on more of the bling! That was fun. It's weird that something so small can look so damn b r i g h t on my little finger. Just look, this is only a 1.2Ct. Wow.


On leisure:
I have all this time, I should clean, but I don't. AH! Leisure equals laziness. I can't handle.

Okay, all this writing about cooking and eating has definitely made me hungry. Time for cupcakes!! Ta-ta.

3 comments:

honglien123 said...

Ah Whole Foods, how a health food store could make you gain SO much weight is beyond me. They built one right next to my office when I was pregnant the first time around. I would mention how much weight I gained during that first pregnancy because of Whole Foods, but I'm too ashamed to admit my total lack of self restraint around that place.

meaniee said...

banh cuon.. i ate that for breakfast this morning.. mmm MMmm

Anonymous said...

1.2 carats? nice-ah! congratulations! :-P