Monday, September 17, 2007

Top 10 Reasons Why I Blog

1. Obviously, I'm an expert at talking to myself. I don't think anyone really understands the magnitude of how much I actually talk to myself. There is a slight chance that I'm crazy. Sure, people have thoughts running through their head all the time, I get that. Me? I have full blown conversations with myself. I ask questions, answer them and ask back another question. I tell myself jokes, bad remarks that I giggle to... in my head, yes, i giggle to myself in my head. How the hell is it possible? i don't know... does blogging make me talk to myself less? absolutely not... but it makes my conversations "real" and known... that's what I'd like to think anyway.

2. I love talking about nothing important and hate talking about anything that is. Car accident, car gone and injured body? No details on that. A random one liner email from my dad? Loveee discussing that. Everything is so serious now a days, this blog is not.

3. Blogging takes way less energy than actual "talking". I know, I probably have to go to therapy because I dislike talking. Which would be a complete waste of money because i dislike talking.. do you think there will ever be therapy typing sessions? Actually, I dislike explaining... it's very emotionally draining to explain. That's why on a blog I can say, damn today sucked like a bitch and not have to say why. Sure, I could get asked why, but I don't have to answer.

4. My blog reminds me of myself. Do you ever forget who you are? What your personality is like? I do... i don't know how, but I do. My blog reminds me of who I am. Scattered, nonchalant, witty, and not modest. keke

5. I am in love with my online personality. What? Aren't you?

6. I've been an online addict since I was 14 and a half years old and I don't know how to stop. AOL chat days are gone, AIM chat days are gone; forum chat days are gone.... i have no one else to talk to about random stuff! Except....... for myself.

7. Me. Me. Me.

8. A really good way to try to remember how to spell and write correctly. I am emphasizing on the word try.

9. Pure amusement. I don't do this for anyone else but me. Blogging isn't for me to remember my days by, I rarely discuss what I do on a day to day basis or anything else way too personal in my life... what i write, i find amusing.

10. Someday, I want to be rich off of blogger. Blogger make me rich!


...I'm half kidding, but really, where else can i be like:

"Bill Belichick makes me question my loyalty." Discuss.

and get a 2 page answer from Maz?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... the longer your entries are, you know i can go on and on in my comment, right? but i won't go as far as to analyzing your personality because i'm sure you don't want to hear it ;P

1) so basically, what you're saying is that your entries consist of whatever's passing through your stream of consciousness. haha. don't worry, i talk to myself often too. maybe i should go create an imaginary friend for myself (call him Ghengis Hanh!), so it doesn't make people think i'm as crazy as i am.

2) i don't have a problem with you talking about serious stuff or just random things; it doesn't make a difference to me. as long as your entries don't consist of text message-like grammar (ROFLMAOMG!!!), it's all good.

3) blogging takes less energy than talking? hmm... maybe it's the fact i don't type as much anymore compared to the scrambler days, but i don't like sitting in front of the computer for a prolonged period of time these days. i mean, i'm staring at a monitor for 8+ hours a day at work for goodness sakes! plus i need to be more social -- one aspect of my personality i need to improve upon. but i've been on the phone too much lately. i feel like a girl. lol.

4) i suffer from an identity crisis, so i can totally relate when you say you forget who you are. unlike you though, i don't consider myself scattered, nonchalant, or witty. i'm too friggin' organized!! well except when it comes to my desk/cubicle area. then it's a complete disaster. i should take a picture of it and send it to you. haha.

5) how different is your online personality compared to your real life one? you seem to be vocal on the internet. very opinionated, which isn't a bad thing by any means. nowadays i try to act in real life as i did in chatrooms back in the day (like an obnoxious dork!!), and i'm getting the same response from people. being a so-called "people person" is great from a work/career perspective, but i miss the days when i had some peace and quiet in my life.

6) being addicted to the internet? heh whatever happened to you playing golf!! btw... golf is such a typical asian sport =X

7) you conceited bastid.

8) yes, yes, yes! keeping a journal and reading a book = what i need to do in order to stay on top of the english language! like you said in the past, i can feel my vocabulary start to slip when i don't read for a while.

9) although i would like to get to know you better (haha oh wait, that didn't sound right), you not writing about personal stuff is perfectly fine with me. your blog is pure amusement for your readers, too =)

10) if you want to get rich off blogging, you need to put a ton of time & dedication into it... plus be different than all the other bloggers out there. or have inside information/connection on topics of interest, such as politics or sports. or be extremely opinionated about certain things. controversy sells. sex sells. money makes the world go 'round. you know the drill!!

let's not talk about mr. bill belichick, unless you want me to knock you like my co-worker for being from new england. at least you're a bosox fan. this girl's a friggin' pats fan and a yankees fan! BLEGH!!

i could've written a lot more but i've decided to spare you of boredom. i'm sure you got more important things to do than sit in front of your computer to read comments from me =P

Hanh said...

wow, i did get a two page answer from you.

Anyway all i got to say to you is that, patriots still kick butt =P

Anonymous said...

you only got a two page answer because you're special to me, in an anti-yankee fan sense only =P

patriots = a bunch of cheaters! i never disliked them or anything, but i definitely lost respect for them!

Hanh said...

you can't blame the whole team on their management's stupidity!!

Anonymous said...

calm down, i never said i lost respect for you =P

10 year high school reunion... *sigh*... next thing you know, it'll be a 25 year one. ahhh!!!

honglien123 said...

IRC is alive...not really kicking but alive. So there you go.